Boulder, CO 80305-3328
I lead communications for the NOAA Global Systems Laboratory.
- Science communications
- Aviation weather forecasting
- Severe weather forecasting
- Social science
- B.S. Meteorology from the University of Oklahoma
- Meteorologist and Communications Manager, NOAA National Severe Storms Laboratory sponsored by the Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies
- Forecasting Meteorologist, Kavouras Inc.
- Undergraduate Meteorological Assistant, NOAA National Severe Storms Laboratory
- American Meteorological Society
- National Weather Association
- American Geophysical Union
Honors and Awards
- 2018 - National Weather Association Larry R. Johnson Special Award: For creating the Meteorological Phenomena Identification Near the Ground (mPING) applications which improved forecast operations by significant increasing the number, quality, and type of ground-truth weather observations.
- 1999 - Department of Commerce Silver Medal: NSSL Warning Research and Development Division for "developing a prototype Warning Decision Support System for weather forecasters and making significant enhancements to the NEXRAD system, resulting in more timely and reliable warnings."